You may be asking yourself…what is wainscoting and why is it the way to go? Wainscoting, also sometimes known as paneling, is the wooden paneling that lines the lower part of the walls of a room. You’ve probably entered several homes noticing its warmth and personality, but may have been unsure why it felt that way. It could have been the wainscoting that added personality to the home as you walked in without you even really noticing! If you’re looking for your next home improvement project, wainscoting might be the way to go. Here are 5 reasons you should consider wainscoting for your next project.
- It helps protect the drywall. Yes wainscoting has a design element, but it is also very practical! These panelings can help protect your drywall from scrapes, bumps, and marks left by your family and little ones.
- It’s a great decorative element. Visually, wainscoting can add texture and interest often without even adding a different color! Most of the wainscoting you see in a home is a variation of the color white, which looks great with almost every paint color.
- It helps a tall room feel fitting instead of cold and aloof. If you have a home with tall walls, adding paneling can make the room more “homey” instead of it being large and cold. Give your room a little warmth!
- Wainscoting enhances the room’s structure. The added wainscoting splits the wall into two sections and gives the eye a line that is easy to follow, adding to the room’s structure.
- It’s a lot more affordable than you think. Homeowners often believe that projects such as these cost a lot of cash but working on your home project by project can be easier on your wallet. For a reasonable price you can beautifully boost your home’s overall value!
Are you considering wainscoting installation to your home? Don’t get overwhelmed by such a fun and creative project. The professionals at Handyman Connection understand that adding these elements is an important decision you will make to enhance your home’s interior and we don’t take that lightly! With over 20 years of experience, we are confident that we can help you every step of your way. Contact us with any questions you may have before starting your home improvement project.