Whether it’s made of vinyl or wood, the trim surrounding the outside of your house undergoes wear and tear for years. If left in disrepair, the trim inside or outside of your home can deteriorate and let in water, pests and other issues into your home. Repair, replacement or installation of quality trim can keep your home looking great and free of water damage down the road.
Handyman Connection of Winchester, VA serves the Lake Fredrick area with quality installation services for crown molding, hardwood floor trim, exterior door trim and window trim.
How Do I Know My Trim Needs Replacement?
The best way to check for trim problems is by walking around your house. If you notice cracks, holes, broken, wobbly or deteriorating wood, you need to call Handyman Connection to visit your home in Lake Fredrick. We’ll then figure out whether you need new trim installed or your existing trim can be repaired. If wood isn’t decaying, significantly deformed or seriously damaged, our contractors can make a few quick repairs to return trim to a good condition.
Types of Exterior Trim
- Wood: Wood is the most popular substance for exterior trim. It’s most often available as whole boards or finger-jointed sections.
- Plastic: Plastic trim comes in two forms, polyurethane and polyvinyl chloride (PVC). Polyutherane is somewhat pricier, but more dense and ready to paint after sanding.
- Fiber-cement: This is a combination of cement, sand and wood-fiber support. It’s tough, fire resistant and resistant to water and insects. Fiber-cement trim is typically moisture repellent, which means paint will look good for years to come.
- Laminated veneer lumber: Layers of wood veneer in a parallel granule and two veneer cross bands are covered by a medium thickness coating to create this substance.
- Hardboard: This trim is engineered from hardwood chips that are warmed with steam and water and then pressed into board stock. During this process, lignin that is part of wood will become present again and work as paste to hold the board from separating. This makes the hardboard more immune to decay than wood.
Contact Us Today from Fredrick Lake, VA
To replace your home’s exterior trim, contact Handyman Connection of Winchester for a complimentary quote. New trim not only makes your home’s exterior more attractive, it also creates waterproof protection at corners and around doors and windows. With more resources to use than ever before, now is the time to replace your aged, worn out exterior trim. Call Handyman Connection today for a free estimate on interior or exterior trim for your home in Lake Fredrick, VA.