A Little Bit About Us
Our Montgomery County office is proud of the numerous awards and certifications bestowed upon us. Consider the following:
1. Angie’s List Super Service Award Winner- 2015', 2014’, 2013’, 2012’, 2011’, 2010’ and 2008’;
2. Our company maintains an "Accredited Business" status by the Better Business Bureau;
3. 86% recommendation rating by the members of Washington Consumer Checkbook Guide.org;
4. Certified contractor status from HomeAdvisor.com. Currently rated 4.4 out of 5 stars with 5 being a perfect score;
5. Handyman Connection of Maryland is but one of only a handful of contractors state wide certified by Maryland’s Department of Health and Mental Hygiene as a provider of Environmental Accessibility Adaptations - procedure code W0207. In particular, working under the direction of the Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services, Waiver for Older Adults Division we have successfully installed handicap bars in showers and baths, wheelchair ramps, as well as structural modifications to homes to accommodate adults with disabilities;
Henry is a DC native who has lived in the area for over 56 years. He is one of our most well rounded craftsmen possessing skills throughout the various trades. When not at work you can generally find, him cycling or skiing.
Mike is responsible for all day to day operations of our company. You might say he is the conductor of the train and given the size of the train he qualifies as a conductor’s conductor.
Greg is our go to guy for bath and kitchen remodeling.
Remodeling and renovation work are what he really excels at and very much enjoys.
One year ago, Oscar moved into the area from Hollywood Florida to be with his daughter. He attended college in Venezuela where he majored in art. Oscar’s artwork is amazing. He has a complete portfolio of murals and faux paintings. Oscar brings his passion for perfection to all aspects of home improvement. Oscar lives life passionately. When asked, what would he like people to know about him, Oscar replies, “trustworthy”.
Joe is a DC area native. After attending Walt Whitman H.S. he pursued a professional career in carpentry. When not on the job he spends most his time with a local band by the name of the Vi-Kings. No doubt carpentry is his specialty trade with interior trim work including crown, cove and hip mouldings products he most enjoys creating and installing. When asked, what would he like people to know about him, Joe replies, “Carpenter by day musician by night”.
Christa is a unique and special individual in several ways. The first thing which comes to mind is that she is a Master Electrician. Christa is a perfectionist in how she approaches electrical troubleshooting and repairs. She has one son currently living with her and spends quality time with him when not on the job. When asked what, she would like for people to know about her Christa remarks, “That I am a qualified and competent electrician”.
Luis Guevara has recently joined the team as a bathroom remodeling expert. He moved into the area so that he could be closer to the church he worships in and other family members in the Maryland suburbs of Washington DC. When not working in the trades he splits his time between his children, family, church and on the soccer field.
40 Year Remodeler
Bathroom and kitchens are his specialty.
Architectural Engineering from The University of Seoul, Seoul, Korea
Specialty kitchen and bathroom remodeling.
Grew up in the remodeling business working alongside his father. Ryan possesses excellent skills throughout the major trades.
Jason grew up in the business working alongside his Uncle. Jason is a very talented young man.
40 Year Remodeler
Specialty is remodeling and renovation.
Allen Metcalf has recently been hired to head up the remodeling/renovation division of our company. He has assumed the position of Senior Estimator/Project Manager. Prior to accepting the position with our company Allen owned a very successful local construction firm specializing in home remodeling.
Andrew Rice has recently joined the company in the capacity of senior craftsman. He had previously worked for a high end construction firm in the role of lead carpenter. Andrew has a degree from American University and needless to say we are very happy to have him on our team.
Dennis Reid come to us by way of Jamaica. Dennis brings a unique set of skills to our company. During his time in that county he worked as a finish carpenter as well as cabinet and furniture maker.
The Journey Forward