When it comes to home remodel projects, there are few things more desired by homeowners than a bathroom remodel. And, for good reason.
When it comes to home remodel projects, there are few things more desired by homeowners than a bathroom remodel. And, for good reason. A bathroom remodel can make a big impact on a home’s overall aesthetic. It can also help significantly modernize a home. Of home remodel projects, bathroom renovations can also provide a significant return on investment. Remodeling collects national data on home renovation projects each year and they note that a midrange bathroom remodel project provides a 64.8% return on investment. There are many different reasons to choose to remodel your bathroom. Below, we explore the top 5 reasons you should remodel your bathroom.
5 Reasons to Remodel Your Bathroom ASAP!
- Your Bathroom Is Not Safe
- Are you aging or do you have someone in your home that is physically disabled? If so, certain elements of your bathroom may not be safe for use. Slips and falls happen all of the time and those that are already more prone to them are put at further risk in a bathroom where things may be slippery. If you bathroom is no longer safe for use due to life circumstances, it is time to remodel. There are many changes that can be made that will increase safety without sacrificing aesthetics. Things like grab bars, walk-in tubs, ramps, shower seats, motion sensor faucets, anti-slip flooring, countertop height adjustments, door widening and more can dramatically increase safety and ease of use in your bathroom.
- Your Bathroom Is Outdated
- Does your bathroom look like the am homage to the 1960s? Or does it look like a museum for 1980s fixtures? Whatever the era it is from, if it looks outdated and out of place for your home it is probably time to remodel. Whether you choose to scrap it all and start over or just make small adjustments, there are many ways to bring your bathroom into this century.
- Your Bathroom Is Not Efficient
- Does your bathroom use way more water or energy than it should? If your fixtures are ore than a decade old they are probably not as energy efficient as they should/could be. Today there are energy efficient fixtures that control the flow of water so that you use less water when showering or washing your hands. Additionally, there are low flow toilets so that you do not use as much water with each flush. Further, there are ways to update your water heater and fixtures so that you do not use as much energy to heat your water each time you take a shower or wash your hands.
- Your Style Has Changed
- Is your bathroom style rustic but the rest of your home is more mid-century modern? If your style has changed and your bathroom simply no longer fits in there are many ways to update it so that it fits the overall aesthetic of your home.
- You Want to Add Value to Your Home
- A remodeled bathroom adds significant value to your home. Not only will you get to enjoy your newly remodeled bathroom but if you decide to sell your home it will not only be a great attraction for your home but it will actually add value to your home.