When people are in Kelowna, BC, and are close to their golden years, they might want aging-in-place remodels so they can continue living in their house for years. You can have family and friends stay for visits and get-togethers and keep the furniture and decor familiar to you. While you and your husband or wife may remain healthy for many years, aging-in-place services can simplify transition into retirement.
Handyman Connection experts can perform many aging-in-place service projects. When implemented correctly, these renovations make your home easier to keep up. They can also make your house better to navigate while using wheelchairs, walkers and electric scooters. This remodeling can also make support for seniors more convenient, so you can care better your parent or elderly relative and keep them out of a nursing home longer.
Whether you need smaller scale remodel jobs to stay in your residence or a complete remodel, call the Handyman Connection technicians in Kelowna, BC. We can answer all your questions or set up an appointment for a no-cost consultation.
Structural Remodels for Aging-in-Place
- Expanding narrow hallways and entryways to make them wheelchair accessible for seniors can be vital for aging-in-place remodels
- Adding chair lifts or installation of elevators can make living at home a real possibility
- One-floor homes are a must for many retirees. We can help fix up your home to age in place comfortably without having to use the stairs
Exterior Upgrades for Your Golden Years
- Siding repairs can save you the work of ladders and painting
- Deck repairs can improve safety, and deck remodeling such as adding ramps and widening access can make navigation easier
- Landscaping upgrades such as plants that are easy to preserve can reduce the need for yard work and water
Bathroom Upgrades for Retired Life
Remodeling tiny bathrooms can help you live at home during retirement by:
- Installing grab bars
- Replacing faucets so you don’t have to twist and exacerbate conditions such as
- Adding turnaround space
- Installing a fold-down seat in the shower stall
- Adding lights in the shower stall for better visibility
- Installing bracing around the toilet and bath to prevent slips and falls
- Raising toilets
- Separate spaces for caregivers
The Small Stuff Makes a Difference in Age in Place Remodels
- Installing non-slippery hard floors and replacement of worn rugs with new carpet of less than 1.5-inch pile can make wheelchair accessibility simple
- Simple upgrades like doorknob replacement with levers and easy open windows and blinds, thermostats moved lower on the wall, switches and outlets near entryways, and installation of emergency 911 switches can make retiring at home more convenient
Doors and Ramps for Senior Living
- Putting in non-slip flooring can improve everyday welfare
- Added automatic lighting, flattened doorways and additional garage space make living at home in retirement easier
- Wheelchair ramps to front doors, back doors and in garages can make coming and going less stressful for retirees
Remodeling to age in place in Kelowna, BC, often includes making additions to make space for domestic help, such as the construction of a new apartment or changes to a bedroom and bathroom plus the addition of a second kitchen.
Call the aging-in-place remodeling contractors at Handyman Connection in Kelowna, BC, to learn more and prepare for a safe, rewarding retirement in your own home.