When renting a house, calling your landlord to fix home-related issues is a normal reality. Once you become a first-time homeowner, having a well-stocked toolbox is essential. Handyman Connection of Kelowna is here to help if needed but with these tools below, small repairs and projects can be taken on by yourself.
- Hammer – In order to make your house a home, decorating your walls with artwork and framed photos can do the trick. Having a hammer is invaluable to have whether you need to pound a nail in, pull one out or pry something up.
- Screwdrivers – A Phillips screwdriver is the most common as you can tighten cabinet handles and even replace batteries in your children’s toys. Having several Phillips is a good idea for various projects with different sizes required. A flathead screwdriver is good to have for light switch plates and outlet covers.
- Tape Measure – This is never a bad thing to have around the house as it can be used for hanging pictures, sizing your window drapes or figuring out if the couch you like will fit in your living room. Always make sure you measure at least twice – just to be safe!
- Power Drill and Drill Bits – While screwdrivers work for the items listed above, a power drill can do the work twice as fast. They are also more important for building projects so make sure you have a few drill bits including Phillips, flathead and square tips.
- Pliers – Pliers will ensure you can grasp, hold, yank, twist or pinch anything. A sturdy pair with serrated jaws are the ones you want to purchase.
Call Handyman Connection of Kelowna When You Need A Pro
Most homeowners tend to learn as they go. Don’t worry If you have a project or repair that you’re just not quite sure you can handle on your own yet. All it takes is a quick call to Handyman Connection of Kelowna at 250-717-5500 and we will send a qualified craftsman for a free evaluation quote.