When people are in the Alpharetta area and are close to retirement, they might be considering aging-in-place remodels so they can live in the comfort of their property for years. You can have family and friends stay for visits and celebrations and retain the furniture, possessions and decorations familiar to you. While you may be healthy for a long time to come, aging-in-place remodels can simplify the change of life that occurs in retirement.
Handyman Connection of Alpharetta professionals can perform many aging-in-place remodeling projects. If done right, these installations make your home easier to maintain. They can also make your space better to get around in while using wheelchairs, scooters and walkers. These upgrades can make senior care more convenient, so you can take better care of your partner or spouse and keep them out of a nursing home longer.
Whether you need minor remodel jobs for aging in place or want a complete remodel, contact the Handyman Connection specialists in Alpharetta. We will gladly answer all your questions or plan for a free estimate.
Floor Plans for Senior Care Remodeling
- Widening of hallways and entryways to make them wheelchair accessible for seniors can be vital for aging-in-place services.
- Installation of electric chair lifts for stairs or elevators can make it possible to stay in your own home after retirement.
- One-floor homes are a must for today’s retirees. We can help you remodel your house to age in place peacefully without having to walk up and down stairs.
Remodeling Outside for Aging in Place
- Siding replacement and upgrades can end the hassle of ongoing maintenance.
- Deck repairs can improve safety, and deck remodeling such as adding ramps and widening access can make your outdoor space easier to navigate.
- Landscaping changes such as planting shrubbery and plants that are easier to maintain reduce the need for yard work and water.
Upgrade the Bathroom for Retirement
Renovating tiny bathrooms can help you live at home during retirement by:
- Installing grab bars
- Replacing faucets so you don’t have to twist and exacerbate conditions
- Increasing space to turn around in
- Adding a fold-down seat in the shower stall for safety
- Adding overhead lighting in the shower for better visibility
- Installing grab bars around the toilet and bath to prevent dangerous falls
- Raising toilets
- Separate spaces for caregivers
Accessory Details to Make Life at Home Better
- Installing non-slip tiles and replacing of impractical rugs with new carpet of 1.5-inch pile can make wheelchair accessibility simple.
- Minor upgrades like doorknob replacements with levers and easy-open windows and blinds, thermostats moved to easier-to-reach places, switches, and outlets near doors, and installation of emergency 911 switches can make retiring at home more convenient.
Entryway Remodels for Seniors
- Installation of non-slip flooring can improve safety.
- Motion lighting, flat doorways, and garage additions make senior living and care for aging adults easier.
- Wheelchair ramps to front doors, back doors and in garages can make coming and going less stressful for retirees.
Adapting just one area of your home for you to stay in so caregivers can be with you while you age in place can be ideal. Ask about changes to just one bathroom or the addition of a chair lift to make this possible. Call the aging-in-place remodeling technicians at Handyman Connection of Alpharetta to learn more and prepare for a safe, rewarding retirement in your own home.