Painting your home can be an exciting and stressful task to take on, no matter how big or small your home may be. The color of a room can drastically change the feel of its interior, so we understand the process to choose the right color for your home may take a little longer than expected. To help our readers out, we’ve come up with 7 tips to help you choose the right paint color.
- Start small. If you need to paint your entire home but start feeling overwhelmed, try starting small, perhaps with a small bathroom first. Remember to take each room one by one to make sure you feel confident about your choice!
- Consider the lighting. Don’t forget that paint colors can look different in natural lighting versus incandescent and fluorescent lighting. A strong color might be too overpowering near an open window but could work better on an accent wall with indirect light.
- Think about the mood. Do you want the room to have a more intimate, warm vibe? Or perhaps you want a room that gives a more formal ambience, where neutrals might be best.
- Test your choices. What are color swatches for? Grab a large poster board and sample colors to hang on your wall so you can look at the colors daily to see what works best in your home.
- Consider different finishes. Adding texture via different paint finishes can spruce up a room! A popular finish is the eggshell finish, which is more matte and less reflective.
- Don’t be afraid to try new things. Choosing to repaint your home a different color can really change up the entire feel of your interior! Don’t be afraid to sample colors you haven’t tried before. You might be surprised with what works for your home.
- Go with your gut. Ultimately, the color you choose should make you feel good about your decision as you enter the room. Don’t let anyone pressure you into a color you are unsure about. Go with what you believe is best for your home!
Wherever you are in the painting process, let your local experts at Handyman Connection help you with all of your needs. You can count on us to deliver quality workmanship with superior customer service throughout your entire project. Give us a call with any questions or request a free estimate today!