Did you know? The month of May is known as National Home Improvement Month. Your home is one the single biggest investments you can make so it’s important that you do all that you can to care for it.
There is a lot that goes into keeping up with your home, from general maintenance, to carpet care, to keeping up with your garage door, that can get very overwhelming. When doing your research, it’s often beneficial to see what type of projects will provide a greater return on investment.
The most common home renovations include:
- New Front Door Typically, doors generate a return of 102.1% switching from existing wood doors to steel doors require much less maintenance.
- New Garage Door To increase your curb appeal for little money and to gain a return of 83.9%, consider replacing your garage door.
- Fiber-Cement Siding Fiber cement siding is a stylish choice. Vinyl is a great, durable siding option that is sure to make your 80% return worth it.
- Wood Deck Adding a small 16×20 foot wood deck with steps leading to your yard creates a natural, appealing transition from indoor to outdoor space for a return of 72.8%.
- Small Kitchen Remodel Although a kitchen remodel may seem like a hefty and costly task, a small remodel can provide a return of up to 73%. A good, money-saving tip is to opt for laminate instead of granite.
Handyman Connection, an award winning company that has been the leading handyman provider in the United States for several years, wants to help our customers and families to improve your home while improving your community. At certain participating locations, Handyman Connection will donate a portion of jobs completed during the month of May towards a non-profit foundation of their choice. Contact your local Handyman Connection for more information today!